HOW TO RUN YOUR BOOK LIKE A BUSINESS
If you are a Published Author or Indie Author, you have a business. It’s called your book. You and your book are your business’ brand. It needs to be planned, managed, financed and marketed. Like any other business, your brand and product relies on the core principles of business. Here’s how to run your book like a business:
1) Make up a business plan: Write down what you hope to achieve and how much money you are willing to spend. Plan how you will manage and organize your advertising, promotion, branding and placement in the market place. Identify who your book will be sold to and where. Set up a marketing strategy. Decide how you will promote your author image.
2) Know your customers: How old are they, what do they do for a living, what do they want?
3) Focus on the top-selling points of your book and base your branding on that. Differentiate your brand from others
4) Do a S.W.O.T Analysis: Identify your business or brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats?
5) Manage your sales. Know your ratios and statistics.
6) Set up a 10 year plan for your business and business goals.
7) Set up a time table for daily tasks to schedule time for your business and writing.
8) Research more outlets where your book can be sold.
9) Have a professional website.
10) Manage your spending!